Favorite 3 records of the year
1. Midnight Magic: Beam Me Up 12″
Top 3 moments of 2010, personal or not
1. Shirley Sherrod getting vindicated after being thrown under the bus by Tom Vilsack after getting character assassinated by the “tea party” aka “KKK 2.0″ aka “The movement to restore and retain white mediocrity in the USA.”
2. Rihanna coming back strong / Never playing a Chris Brown song again (hopefully one day he’ll actually get help for his sickness).
3. The Chico Mann shows with Hypnotic Brass Ensemble where we combined for 2 straight hours of #allenergyeverything and the crowds totally stayed with us and our performance in Montreal on my birthday where we had heads from the show fill up the entire stage with us during our last song. It was pretty beautiful… Pretty pretty pretty beautiful.
Top 3 foods of 2010
1. Eggs Florentine from Cafe Mogador (NY store knows)
2. In-N-Out (especially the one right by LAX)
3. The Hare Krishna cart at this desert festival in Australia (one of those moments where the food as a whole is somehow greater than the sum of its parts)
Favorite Lab moment
1. Tricking Pete into thinking he stole Nak from the NY store. I love Nak, but all he ever wants you to do is feel his abs.
2. My hardball negotiations with the water cooler sales rep to lower the BK HQ bottle prices so I could convince Tone Loc to pony up and get us a cooler for the store.
3. DJing Neil Nice’s birthday party and him coming in the next day and saying: “Yo you killed it last night, kid! What did you play?”
Tang of the year
Rosario Dawson (good politics are sexy)