Dust La Rock…
Favorite 3 records of the year
Disclaimer: I don’t really listen to too much new music so these are literally the only songs that made enough of a impact on the fragile emotional battleground that is my psyche to warrant mention.
- El Guincho “(Chica-Oh) Drims”
- Psychic TV “Alien Brain Vs Maggot Brain”
- Gucci Vump “Shashtilism”
PS. The only reason Andrew Weatherall didn’t take all 3 spots is because
he didn’t release anything but mixes this year.
Top 3 moments of 2010, personal or not
- Hanging with and recording Genesis P. Orridge doing drops for a special project Vivian (Star Eyes / T&B) and I are working on. Stay tuned!
- Roadtrip w/ childhood friend to visit ma dukes in the darkest corner of Alabama was my own personal Fear & Loathing…
- Halting my descent into a self-made mire of apathy towards all things music/design industry, etc w/ a little PMA and refocus. Backslides abound but I’m determined.
Top 3 foods of 2010
- BBQ Pork Bahn Mi sandwich – Bahn Mi (580 Grand St, Brooklyn)
- Chicken Parmigiana – Desy’s Clam Bar (562 Grand St, Brooklyn)
- Steamed Pork Dumplings – M Shanghai (129 Havermeyer St, Brooklyn)
Favorite Lab moment / or non-Lab moment
- Not sure if counts as Lab moment exactly but since he’s a Lab affiliate it would have to be creating the official Orb Mixtape w/ Michna, as well as the release party we threw to celebrate said mixtape w/ DJ Dara & Star Eyes. Dropping Lenny Dee “Blood of an English Muffin” on a unsuspecting crowd btb w/ Apotheosis’s “O Fortuna” warmed the cockles of my heart.
Tang of the year
- She knows who she is.
- 2nd place goes to Yurizan Beltran. I kept the pic G-rated out of respect for the female viewers.