After several days without power + water with a pregnant wife and a two year old, I’m back in the office! Feels really good to be back behind the controls of the Lab… Here’s a quick update about Lab operations:
- online/office has been fully operation since tuesday, packages have been going out regularly (our fulfillment warehouse is in the middle of the country). our offices are on the 10th floor so we’re dry.
- East Village store was untouched but there’s no power probably there until Saturday. We’ll keep you posted about the re-opening date, but it looks like this Saturday.
- we’re going to be running an online coupon to help make back those lost sales at the store. USE CODE “eastvillage” for 10% off all online purchases, free continental shipping at $99 still applies.
- Lastly, Turntable Lab will be donating 10% of November’s 2012 profits to various East Village organizations in need.
here are some personal firsthand observations:
- firstly, there’s still lots of tragedy and clean-up to do, it’s only the beginning. beyond those who we’re harmed or displaced, my thoughts go out especially to small biz owners that will get hit hard by this.
- not having electricity or connectivity was relaxing as hell. my arm and back muscles unwound into a mushy, natural state… but the first thing I checked when I got service back was Arsenal Captial One Cup game.
- it was like growing up in the 80s…
- white people still jogging before, during, and right after the hurricane.