the theme of this post is “fully committed”
1) Oxlade Chamberlain thumpin shots at U21 practice… love the combination of buttery, soft touch control and thudding shots. umph.
2) hipsters say I’m a month or year late on this (where you at Woodman?), but I’m, digging the fully committed, thick sound of Best Coast’s single “Our Deal.” plus, the guitarist is from the same genus as Cmish.
3) speaking of strange Koreans I like… by chance, I ended up going to this Asian-American talent show in LA. yeah, we dominate dance crews, women’s archery, graphic design, delis, dry cleaners, banking & finance (up to VP level), etc… but we definitely lack in rock music representation. we’re either the weird indy dude in the background or a group that sounds like a low budget Linkin Park (who also has a weird Korean in the background). I was pleasantly surprised to discover Monsterscallinghome. I really admire how their sound isn’t a cliche of the Asian American experience (minus the mandatory violin lessons and hints of church group acoustic jams)… that lead singer is fully committed. I could go on about Asian America, but I’ll stop here.
4) Tebow… yeah, I know this subject is well worn recently, but in this day of Redzone, I rarely watch entire games or even halves. however this ultimate Tebow hater is glued to the screen when he’s on the field. he’s undeniable… watching his fully committed prayer after the game, I was thinking that he just might be a modern day Jesus (who also gets down with tang)
5) this hit last night… love watching 300 pound linemen get lit up on interceptions…